If Twitter wasn’t in the media spotlight already, it’s certainly come out in the last few weeks with the competition between CNN and Ashton Kuchar to get a million followers and the massive use of it with the conflict in Iran.
Although many people are using it for fun, there’s a wide-range of people that are using Twitter for business. Whether an Internet marketer or a small business owner, many businesses are tapping into twitter power.
Get started with the Top 5 Twitter Apps for businesses
1. Twitter Search. As a business, this can be one of, if not the most important business tool you can use. Unlike most search engines, Twitter Search offers results in real time. The benefit for businesses is seeing up to the second trends in their industry.
2. Digsby. What many businesses want more than anything is a way to streamline their work. With Digsby, you get instant messaging, email and social media all in one tool. Select the sites you want to use and you easily have access to all your accounts in one window.
3. Tweet Later. If you’re in business, you probably don’t want to pull up Twitter every 30 minutes to Tweet. You would rather be able to automate your Twitter experience. With this application you can schedule tweets, unfollow those who unfollow you and track keywords that are relevant to your business.
4. CoTweet. Contrary to some of the other Twitter applications above, CoTweet is geared solely for businesses and brands. This application makes it easy for multiple people to sign-in and effectly manage tweets, respond to replies and messages and assign duties and tasks to specific users under that account name.
5. TweetLister. A great tool for realtors, buyers and sellers, this application lets you post a variety of different property listings. It offers yet another outlet for realtors and owners to get their listings to a broader audience. Easy to use, simply fill out the property information and it gets sent out to the twitterverse.